Blog‎ > ‎

Peanut Allergy Death

Last month, Cameron, a college freshman returned home to Massachusetts.  He ate a cookie without knowing it contained peanut and suffered a fatal anaphylactic reaction.  This is a sad reminder that food allergies can be deadly and important for all food allergic patients to have an unexpired auto-injector of Epinephrine available at all times.

For the story go to: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Allergies/college-freshman-peanut-allergy-dies-eating-cookie/story?id=18723777#.UV4xn5Nll8E

If you have a severe food allergy, see an allergist and become prepared:

  • Have 2 self-injectable epinephrine devices available at all times
  • Read food/ingredient labels and avoid foods not labeled
  • Have an Anaphylaxis Action Plan
  • Wear a Medical ID bracelet

Our thoughts and prayers are with Cameron’s family and friends.

Comments